This is a class I did with my A2.1 students.
The original idea comes from a worksheet at bogglesworldesl.com (link is to .doc)
But rather than just practise giving directions, I got them to create the whole thing… from scratch!
In the class, we…
- …followed instructions and did regular concept checking.
- …collaborated in decision making.
- … came up with street names. (Street, Road, Avenue, Lane, Circus, Way)
- …revised names for places and businesses.
- …revised and extended prepositions for location.
- …practised giving directions.
- …had lots of fun building up to the main task, making it more engaging.