IntroductionFind 19 parts of a car below. When you finish, click 'Answer' below.
1. Decide if the following statements are true or false:1. Young drivers in Britain drive more safely than those in their age group in most other European countries.
2. A third of people who are killed driving on Britain’s roads are younger than 25.
3. 10% of young people have been involved in a road accident where someone was killed or badly hurt.
4. 40% of young drivers are involved in a crash in the first six weeks after passing their driving test.
2. Now watch the first 25 seconds of the video to check your ideas. Then click “Answer” below.
- 1. False – “Britian’s young drivers are some of the most dangerous in Europe.”
- 2. True – “1 in every 3 drivers who die on UK roads are under 25.”
- 3. True – “1 in 10 young people have been in a crash that resulted in death or serious injury.”
- 4. False – “1 in 5 young drivers has a crash within 6 months of passing their test.”
1. Watch the video from 00:25-1:55 and answer questions 1-6 below.
0 of 6 questions completed
Click “Start” to reload.
You have already completed this exercise before, so you can not start it again.
You must sign in or sign up to start this exercise.
You have to finish the following exercise before starting this one:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Which of the following statements best describes the main aim of the series?
2. Which statement below best describes the format of the programmes?
3. Which option best describes how the participants are being deceived?
4. Which option below best describes how the teens will be monitored?
5. Which words below are synonyms for words in the video? Click ‘Hint’ if you need help.
The words from the video are: novice, tipsy, manoeuvre, cash
6. Fill the spaces with words from the video.
1. "two novices will be let (loose) on the road"
2. "They believe we're filming a (slice) of modern teenage life"
3. "The cars are (fitted) with state-of-the-art cameras"
4. "recorder that secretly (tracks) their every manoeuvre"
5. "three road trips (geared) towards testing every aspect of their driving"